In a world where climate change is an increasingly urgent matter, it is important for us to build Casa Mollie with respect for nature and future generations.
Therefore, we have made some important choices regarding both building materials and the way the house will function in the future.
Here is an overview of the initiatives we work with:
- Recycled materials: The house’s exterior walls and the beautiful tile roof are built in recycled materials.
Since the bricks do not have to be burned again, we save energy (CO2 emissions) and no toxic substances are emitted into the air, as is otherwise the case with burning bricks.
- Solar cell systems. Solar systems are installed on the roof of the house. The electricity production from here must cover 50% of the house’s total electricity needs.
- Saltwater swimming pool: This means a greatly reduced chlorine development compared to conventional pools with chlorinated water. It is both good for nature and for the guests who stay in and by the pool.
- Electric charger for your car: In the house’s private parking space there will be an electric charger. This makes it easy for you who visit Casa Mollie by electric car.
- Allergy-friendly materials: Casa Mollie is generally built in allergy-friendly materials. Surfaces in kitchen, dining rooms and bathrooms will be in natural materials: The local langhe-stone will be found in table tops, bathroom and kitchen sinks as well as wall coverings. The floors are made of oak planks and terracotta. The thick insulated stone walls keep the heat out in the summer and the house warm in the winter months.
- Recycled furniture and lamps: We will also be environmentally conscious in the interior design. Furniture and lamps will be partly recycled, partly made by local craftsmen who use materials from Piemonte.
- The garden: Casa Mollie is located in its own small vineyard, which is operated without the use of pesticides. Fruit trees and insect-friendly plants will surround the house and create lots of cozy nooks with scent experiences and cooling shade.
See you in our sustainable Italian dream!